How to take care of my braces during these days with Coronavirus disease, COVID-19.
- Brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day. Be sure to go under the wires, at 45-degree angle top and bottom.
- Remember to floss each tooth, even the ones far back. Rinse with mouthwash at the end for a much fresh breath. Not brushing or flossing may cause inflammation on your gums and carries.
- Eating and Drinking with Braces:
- Stick to foods that require less chewing. For example: Apple sauce, mashed potatoes, ice cream, yogurt, soups.
- Be extra careful when eating hard foods. For example: carrots, apples, candies, they will break the brackets or even your wire causing you pain.
- Avoid hard shell tacos, chips, caramel candies, gum.
- Minimize sugary drinks and foods, such as soda, juices, cake, candies, coffee. They may cause discoloration or stains to your teeth.