CREATING BEAUTIFUL SMILES WITH
Early Interceptive Treatment:
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that a child receives his or her first orthodontic screening by age 7. It is important to have an early orthodontic treatment so that we can identify potential problems and prevent them from ever becoming serious.
A timely orthodontic examination can determine whether treatment is necessary and if it is, an optimal time to commence. Preventive actions like these will save your and your children time and money by thwarting oral problems before they begin.
Early interceptive treatment can reduce the length of comprehensive treatment or even eliminate future treatment altogether. Early treatment can also prevent the overcrowding of permanent teeth, correct skeletal problems such as crossbites, overbites, and underbites and guide or modify facial growth.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM EARLY TREATMENT
- Children 7 to 9 years old with severe crowding
- Those with narrowed upper jaw with or without crossbites
- Those with open bite cases involving habits such as thumb sucking, or forward tongue posture (tongue thrust), or mouth breathing
- Those with class II cases that include large overjet (overbite) and protrusion of the upper front teeth
- Those with class III cases involving overgrowth of the lower jaw or underdevelopment of the upper jaw
By addressing these orthodontic problems, early treatment can help prevent the need for permanent tooth extractions, surgery, and more serious complications.
To find out if you or your children are candidates for early interceptive treatment, schedule your free consultation with Dr. Amir today.